The North American International Livestock Exposition (NAILE), the largest all-breed, purebred livestock expo in the world, returns to the Kentucky Exposition Center Tuesday, Oct. 31 through Thursday, Nov. 16, 2017. Entries are now being accepted and deadlines are rapidly approaching.
There are ten divisions of livestock and entries must be postmarked on or before:
Division Deadline Late deadline Extra late deadline
Dairy goats Sept. 20
Dairy cattle Sept. 20 Oct. 10 Oct. 19
All other livestock* Oct. 1 Oct. 10
*Boer goats, beef cattle, draft horses, llamas and alpacas, swine, mules and donkeys, quarter horses and sheep.
New in 2017:
- Beef cattle: Gelbvieh and Balancer Junior show added
- Beef cattle: Belted Galloway entries accepted
- Dairy goats: Recorded Grades show added
- Sheep: Lead Line class change – pairs class instead of costume class
- Swine: Hereford show added
- Dairy cattle: Reserve Supreme Junior Heifer, Junior Cow and Open Cow premiums increased
In 2016, NAILE drew more than 17,500 entries that competed for nearly $600,000 in premiums and awards. Competitors, exhibitors and attendees from 45 states and nine foreign countries attended, and the exposition brought an economic impact of $8 million to Louisville.