|The Kentucky Exposition Center is now hiring temporary workers to perform janitorial duties including cleaning floors, windows, restrooms, common areas and leasable space and maintaining facility trash receptacles. This position works primarily in common facility spaces, constantly exposed to guests and must demonstrate a reputable work ethic and a pleasant and professional demeanor, available to interact with guests to address general and directional questions about the facility. The janitorial staff are the front line in delivering a quality event experience to all clients and guests.
- Perform housekeeping duties including, but not limited to, dusting, sweeping, vacuuming, mopping, cleaning restrooms, including sinks and toilets, trash removal, carpet extraction, and glass cleaning
- Replenish restrooms, office spaces and common facility spaces with paper towels, soap, toilet paper and other relative inventory.
- Maintain housekeeping records accordingly.
- Detect necessary maintenance repairs and report accordingly.
- Communicate effectively on a daily basis with coworkers and supervisors via two-way radio throughout scheduled shifts.
- Work effectively with coworkers and supervisors to complete assignments efficiently.
- Provide exceptional customer service to internal customers (coworkers, supervisors and event managers), clients and guests.
- Maintain a professional appearance including clean and maintained uniforms and other attire and a pleasant and professional demeanor at all times during scheduled shifts.
- Participate in business, facility and event operations including moving loads of up to 75 lbs. as required.
- Function and work effectively within stressful situations and environments, particularly that of an event-based nature.
- Function and work effectively in office settings with minimal to moderate noise levels as well as facility areas with moderate to loud noise levels where event functions and facility maintenance are taking place.
- Work a varied schedule, including typical weekday hours, evenings, nights, early mornings, overnight hours, weekends and holidays as required; frequently work more than a 40-hour workweek, contingent on facility and event requisites.
- Perform relative duties and manage other responsibilities as assigned.
- Previous housekeeping experience is preferred.
- Knowledge of housekeeping supplies, equipment and chemicals.
- Knowledge of housekeeping procedures and best practices.
- Ability to prioritize work tasks and responsibilities.
- Ability to effectively communicate and work collaboratively with coworkers and supervisors.
- Ability to effectively receive direction.
- Ability to move up to 75 lbs., with or without assistance.
- Ability to function and work effectively within stressful situations and environments.
- Ability to maintain awareness and apply compliance of Federal, State and local rules, regulations, policies and organizational best practices.
- Ability to analyze problems, identify solutions, project possible outcomes and implement most effective solution.
|Applicants and employees in this job title may be required to submit to a criminal history background check.
Successful candidates must be able to work nights and weekends in addition to weekday hours. Must be 18 years old to apply and starting pay is $9.00 per hour.
Please contact the Kentucky Exposition Center to schedule an interview or for more information by calling 502-367-5470. No walk-in will be accepted.
or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.